By Robert B. McComb
There should be without doubt that alkaline phosphatase is likely one of the so much broadly in vestigated of all enzymes. This has resulted from the ubiquity of its distribution, and from the convenience and sensitivity with which its job could be measured. regrettably, those wide-ranging yet usually superficial experimental stories were up via in depth and systematic investigations in just a couple of restricted components of the biochemistry and chemical pathology of alkaline phosphatase. the outcome has been the buildup of a systematic literature of intimidating proportions, and the inevitable rediscovery of already identified proof concerning the enzyme. Scientists are taught early of their careers that, within the phrases of Sir John Herschel, "Hasty generalization is the bane of technological know-how. " however, moments arrive in all spheres of medical job whilst generalization turns into crucial, to codify and to choose from the mass of knowledge already collected, and to supply beginning issues for brand spanking new advancements and new traces of research. this is often very true in a box corresponding to alkaline phosphatase learn, during which very genuine hazards exist that the seeds of basic figuring out might be misplaced amidst an unexamined harvest of empirical observations. The heritage of the research of alkaline phosphatase offers numerous cases while priceless generalizations have emerged. sometimes, the conclusions drawn at the foundation of accessible facts have been improper; extra usually, they've got stood the try of extra experimentation, and regularly, they've got supplied new insights into the character and correct ties of this enzyme.
Read Online or Download Alkaline Phosphatase PDF
Best analytic books
Commonly used in scientific study, pharmaceutical and high quality chemical compounds industries, organic and actual sciences, and safety and environmental businesses, mass spectrometry recommendations are regularly below improvement. In functional elements of Trapped Ion Mass Spectrometry: quantity V, functions of Ion Trapping units, a global panel of authors offers a world-wide view of the sensible elements of contemporary growth utilizing trapped ion units.
- Molecular Modeling: Basic Principles and Applications
- Organometallic chemistry, Volume 27
- Boronic Acids in Saccharide Recognition
- Calixarenes for Separations
Additional resources for Alkaline Phosphatase
The hypothesis of Robison48 regarding the necessity of phosphatase for bone formation (which some workers 231 regard as a misconception) was based on such an assumption. The discovery of alkaline phosphatase in the proximal convoluted tubule of the kidney, 191,214 the intestinal microvilli,213 the follicular epithelium of the ovary, 232 and the syncytiotrophoblast of the placenta 233 all suggested some role in the active transport of substances across membranes. 234 Support for this view was added by the demonstration of an inverse relationship between phosphatase synthesis by some types of E.
190. , Histologische und biochemische Studien liber die Phosphatase in tuberkulosen Herden (I. Mitteilung), Trans. Soc. , 29, 490, 1939. 191. , The distribution of phosphatase in normal organs and tissues, J. Cell. , 17, 71, 1941. 192. , Distribution of acid phosphatase in the tissues under normal and under pathological conditions, Arch. , 32,189,1941. 193. , Calcification and phosphatase, Am. J. , 19, 197, 1943. 194. , Histochemical specificity of phosphatase, Proc. Soc. Exp. Bioi. , 70,7,1949.
144. , and Bagshawe, K. , 32,2413, 1972. 145. Holmgren, P. , Damber, M. G. , A double antibody solid phase radioimmunoassay for placental alkaline phosphatase, Qin. OIirn. Acta, 83,205,1978. 146. , Synthetic action of phosphatase. II. Transphosphorylation by alkaline phosphatase in the absence of nucleotides, I. Bioi. , 183, 377, 1950. 147. , Isolation of P-32 labeled phosphoserine from preparations of intestinal alkaline phosphatase incubated with radioactive inorganic phosphate, Acta Chern. , 12, 357,1958.
Alkaline Phosphatase by Robert B. McComb