By Peter Worrall, Adrian French, Les Ashton
What distinguishes the consulting of skilled relations medical professionals from their newly certified colleagues? The query is usually frustratingly tough resolution in actual fact or objectively: in contrast to many professions, family members medical professionals face a dearth of transparent expectancies of what constitutes complex perform, a scarcity of outlined criteria opposed to which to guage it, and a lack of expertise-related expert education during which to improve it post-certification. The version of session excellence defined during this e-book illustrates in useful phrases how complex consulting could be nurtured. It avoids tantalising worth judgement resembling 'excellence'. as a substitute, it describes behaviours in phrases that may be saw day after day, delivering an in depth photograph of what constitutes complex consulting behaviour, how family members medical professionals should be helped to procure those better degrees of craftsmanship, and the way alterations in behaviour should be pointed out and evaluated. "Advanced Consulting in relatives medication" is written in guide shape for simple entry and use, and offers a necessary imaginative and prescient of upper order kin healthcare professional consulting.
Read Online or Download Advanced Consulting in Family Medicine: the Consultation Expertise Model PDF
Best family & general practice books
This e-book brings jointly a wide variety of themes demonstrating how details and instant applied sciences can be utilized in healthcareIn this publication, the authors specialise in how clinical details should be reliably transmitted via instant conversation networks. It explains how they are often optimized to hold clinical details in a variety of events through the use of on hand conventional instant neighborhood quarter community (WLAN) and broadband instant entry (BWA) structures.
''This ebook offers a entire evaluate of silica-based mesoporous fabrics with specific awareness given to their use in drug supply platforms, refined stimuli-responsive fabrics, and bone tissue engineering. The textual content offers a finished evaluate of the fundamental facets of the houses of mesoporous fabrics, with a spotlight on textural homes equivalent to floor and porosity.
In inspiration and execution, this publication covers the sector of EAP with cautious realization to all its key features and whole infrastructure, together with the to be had fabrics, analytical types, processing options, and characterization equipment. during this moment version the reader is introduced present on promising advances in EAP that experience happened in electrical EAP, electroactive polymer gels, ionomeric polymer-metal composites, carbon nanotube actuators, and extra.
- Anxiety Disorders: A Pocket Guide For Primary Care (Current Clinical Practice)
- Physician's Guide: Understanding and Working With Integrated Case Managers
- Bioelectricity: A Quantitative Approach
- Biomaterials Science: Processing, Properties and Applications II: Ceramic Transactions, Volume 237
- Carbon Nanotubes as Nanodelivery Systems: An Insight Through Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Nanobiotechnology for sensing applications: from lab to field
Extra resources for Advanced Consulting in Family Medicine: the Consultation Expertise Model
9. 21. RCGP. RCGP Curriculum for General Practice: the learning and teaching guide. London: RCGP; 2006. 22. Dreyfus H, Dreyfus S. Mind over Machine: the power of human intuition and expertise in the era of the computer. New York: Free Press; 1986. 23. Miller G. The Assessment of clinical skills/competence/performance. Acad Med. 1990; 65: 563–7. 24. Eraut M. Developing Professional Knowledge and Competence. London: Falmer Press; 1994. 25. General Practice Assessment Questionnaire. info/ (accessed 28 October 2008).
12. Slobada J. Acquiring skill. In Gellatly A, editor. The Skilful Mind: an introduction to cognitive psychology. Milton Keynes: Open University Press; 1986. p. 33. 13. Pendleton, op cit. 14. Neighbour R. The Inner Consultation: how to develop an effective and intuitive consulting style. Newbury; Petroc Press; 1996. 15. Silverman J, Kurtz S, Draper J. Skills for Communicating with Patients. Oxford: Radcliffe Medical Press; 1998. 16. Helman C. Culture, Health and Illness. 4th ed. London: Hodder Arnold; 2001.
26. Royal College of General Practitioners. Curriculum and Assessment Site. aspx (accessed 28 October 2008). 27. Evans RG, Edwards A, Evans S, et al. Assessing the practising physician using patient surveys: a systematic review of instruments and feedback methods. Fam. Pract. 2007; 24(2): 117–27. 2 T H E C O N S U LTAT I O N EXPERTI S E MODEL The four components of the Consultation Expertise Model The four components in depth 1. Consulting skills 2. Domains ⎯ The domain focus ⎯ An extended understanding of the domain – ‘What is known’ ⎯ A case history with a domain dominance – ‘In my experience’ 3.
Advanced Consulting in Family Medicine: the Consultation Expertise Model by Peter Worrall, Adrian French, Les Ashton